Athlete & Coach licensing
The USFL provides licensing for youth athletes, ages 8 to 17 yrs and their coaches enabling them to compete in legally regulated Pankration events.
Please read all steps before starting process
REGISTER FOR FIGHTER OR COACH LICENSE & CREATE A PROFILE IN THE USFL DATABASE:
ANNUAL LICENSE MUST BE PURCHASED NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK PRIOR TO EVENT
YOUTH ATHLETE LICENSE - $50
COACH OF YOUTH ATHLETE LICENSE - $20
Coaches must complete Sports Engine Criminal Background Check and Safety Training every 2 years for $25.50
Carefully review and complete all steps in the cascades below for
ATHLETES & COACHES
A Parent or Coach must register themselves to register a minor (Under 18 yrs).
Be prepared to register in your Legal Name, the same name as listed on the proof of age document.
$50 Annual Athlete Licensing FEE
(This is where you will upload documents and pay for license) (Create a new account if renewing)
HAVE READY TO UPLOAD
1) CLICK TO DOWNLOAD & SIGN PARENTAL WAIVER / PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT FORM.
*BE SURE TO INITIAL RECEIPT OF CONCUSSION AND DEHYDRATION EDUCATIONAL HANDOUTS
3) A government document that clearly shows Name and Date of Birth.
USFL Youth Athletes must have an annual sports physical to compete
We will accept any sports physical signed and dated by the physician such as annual physicals from USA Boxing, IKF Kickboxing or High School Sports, although the official USFL Annual Physical is preferred.
ANNUAL USFL PHYSICAL FORM (PDF)
These are legal educational requirements in most states.
SAFE SPORT MATERIALS FOR PARENTS
Child abuse is the #1 health and safety risk for youth athletes.
Rule #1 - Prevent all potential ONE on ONE situations between youth athletes & adults.
Report any occurrences of Child abuse to any USFL Official or
This link contains free training, information & resources for parents of youth athletes in prevention detection and reporting of inappropriate conduct from peers, coaches & officials.
USFL Coaches License database registration (Cost $20)
First year and ever-other year after:
1. Sports Engine (Cost $25.50) - Includes Criminal Background Check, Abbreviated Concussion course, and email link to Abuse Prevention Systems online course and certificate.
Second year and every-other year after:
1. Online *Coach Training (Free) - Includes rules, health and safety and Abbreviated Safe Sport Training.
2. Online CDC Heads Up Concussion training and **Certificate (Free)
*Code for Coaches training - Coach
**CDC Certificate must be emailed to USFL.
Click Boxes below for more details on these requirements.
Register for your License
$20 Annual Licensed Fee
Have a photo ready for upload
Coaches must complete Sports Engine criminal background check & Safety Training every two years for $25.50 and Free CDC Concussion with USFL Online Training on alternating years.
**Create a new account if renewing. The Formsite account has changed so it will not recognize your previous account.
USFL Coaches are screened for convictions of sex offenses & crimes against children and require training in compliance with the Federal SafeSport Act.
Due this ASAP if event is within two weeks
This will cost $25.50 and is good for two years.
In this Session you will obtain Training and Information on:
USFL Code of Conduct
Safe Sport Protocols
Dangers of Dehydration
Your final step will be an emailed link to complete your online Abuse Prevention Systems Course.
You may bypass these requirements if you can provide proof of the following:
1. Completed/Passed a Criminal Background check from another Sports federation (within 2 years)
2. Have a Certificate of completion for the CDC Coaches Heads Up Concussion Course (within 1 year)
3. Certificate/ Documented proof of completion of one of the following: (Within 2 years)
Safe Sport Certificate
Mandatory Reporter Certificate
Abuse Prevention Certificate
Darkness to Light Certificate
Email Certificates/ Proof dated to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certain criminal convictions of violence may require a waiver.
Convicted Sex offenders, Convictions of crimes against children and other egregious offenses cannot be waived.
Stand Alone Abuse Prevention System (ABS) Training is available for $5.
*You already get this course as part of your Search Engine background check. If you failed to use the email link sent to you and now have to complete the course, do it here.
Use this link to take the online course by itself
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
We Are Serious About This. Take the Minute To Read & Digest.
USFL Coaches license and privileges can be revoked for violations:
All Coaches shall therefore resolve to conduct themselves with dignity as a member of the USFL by:
- Upholding the honor and dignity of the profession.
- Setting an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct in personal contact with athletes, sports officials, parents/guardians, spectators and the public.
- Taking an active role in the prevention of drug, alcohol and tobacco abuse.
- Avoiding the use of alcohol and tobacco products when in contact with athletes.
- Mastering the contest rules and teaching them to his or her team members.
- Not seeking an advantage by circumvention of the spirit or letter of the rules.
- Exerting an influence to eliminate un-sportsmanlike conduct by spectators or others and not to indulge in conduct which would incite competitors or spectators against the officials.
- Respecting and supporting decisions by officials.
- Meeting and exchanging cordial greetings with the opposing coach; setting the appropriate tone for the event before and after competition.
- Encouraging safe and practical competition practices, including but not limited to, reasonable weight management and discouragement of unnecessary weight cutting.
Prevention, Detection and Reporting of Child Abuse
- Never create an unobserved ONE on ONE interaction with a youth athlete. This is the key preventive measure against sexual assaults and claims.
- You are a mandatory reporter and must report suspicion of child abuse to 911 within 24hrs of occurrence and specifically ask if follow up is required.
- Complete criminal background check & all required safety training.
This is required every other year or when the Sports Engine Background Check and Safety Training is not done.
Strongly Recommended for 1st Time Coaches
1. USFL Rules and Supplemental Safety Training
(Access code - Coach )
(Email Certificate to email@example.com)
CLICK HERE to access this Free Course from the CDC Website
This course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
The Coaches handbook contains useful Health & Safety information for coaches youth as well as rules and regs for USFL
TRAINING SEQUENCE FOR COACHES
|SPORTS ENGINE BACKGROUND & SAFTY TRAINING||CDC CONCUSSION CERTIFICATE||ONLINE COACH TRAINING Access Code - Coach|
|1st Year and Every Other Year After||Years when Sports Engine is not Done||Years when Sports Engine is not Done|
SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS FOR COACH, ATHLETE & PARENT
AGE & WEIGHT WAIVERS: