– $100 early registrations
– $125 regular registration
– Registrations close on 5/13
Team USA Uniforms can be ordered by qualifiers after nationals.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
All Athletes must have a annual youth fighters license
All Coaches must have a youth coach license
Event Check in May 19 – Arrive at venue between 4PM and 7PM (We aim to get 3 doctors but nurses welcome to help!) Check in consists of Weigh in, Gear Inspection and Pre Bout medical screenings. Contact John Romero for approval for late/ same day check in if needed.
Competition date May 20 (9 am) Estimated Start time)
All hands meeting (Estimated 8 am) to ensure brackets are correct and other actions to ensure start of competition is on time.
How to see live updates for your fight times
- Multiple MMA Cage Double Elimination tournament with consolation bracket to determine 3rd place.
- National Championship belts awarded to all champions in all contested divisions.
- Custom National Championship medals awarded to 2 and 3rd place.
- This tournament will select the official U.S. Youth team for the 2023 IMMAF World Youth MMA Championships in Abu Dhabi, Aug 2-5th. (World Championship divisions are only for ages 12-17)
- Athletes 17 yrs at time of National Championships but 18 for world Championships may compete at nationals but not for the World Championships.
- Non U.S. citizens or those unable to obtain a US passport may compete in national championships but not participate in the world championships as part of Team USA.
- Close to LAX (Los Angeles) and VERY Close to Ontario International Airport
$25 Cash Please (Under 4yrs Free)
Coaches must have USFL digital ID to get in as a coach
Age & Weight Categories (READ!!!)
- Age for divisions for 8-11yrs are actual age on day of tournament. (May 20th)
- World Team Qualifiers are at the same weight as the world championships. Keep in mind the IMMAF World Championships are same day weigh ins with rash guard and shorts, so choose a weight class for nationals that you can also compete in August!
- Only one competition category per participant. If there is a need to add an additional competitor in any division we will ask and move volunteers at no cost.
World Championship Qualifiers
- IMMAF Youth category C 12 – 13 years old The athlete must not be under the age of 12 years or aged 14 years before the 1st day of competition and must be within this age band until the competition has been completed. Aug 2nd
- IMMAF Youth category B 14 – 15 years old The athlete must not be under the age of 14 years or aged 16 years before 1st day of competition and must be within this age band until the competition has been completed. Aug 3rd
- IMMAF Youth category A 16-17 years old The athlete must not be under the age of 16 years or aged 18 years before 1st day of competition and must be within this age band until the competition has been completed. Aug 4th or Aug 5th depending on division See Worlds Announcement
- Click for Info on World Championships
- Bouts will occur in MMA Cages. Three cages will be set up.
- Preliminary bouts with 4 or more in bracket: one round Matches (3 minutes for ages 8-13yrs / 4 minutes for ages 14-17yrs)
- Some Finals will be 3 rounds of 2 two minutes
- Athletes with only 2 competitors will compete in a single finals bout of 3 rounds of 2 minutes
- Brackets with 3 athletes: Round Robin- All contestants compete against each other (Format TBA)
- The following criteria will be used to place entries if a 3 way tie. 1. Most submissions 2. Most Points Earned (3 entries).
- Uncontested Champions (Single Athlete Divisions) will have the option to move up in weight or age to participate in a 2nd category. (Must be within USFL age and weight parameters)
- Uncontested divisions will not be awarded a national championship belt
NO SPECIAL REQUESTS OR ACCOMMODATIONS OUTSIDE THE LISTED RULES
Tournament producer – Cagebound Fighting Championships
Tournament organizer – John Romero
U.S. Youth World Team Delegation Leader – Email email@example.com to inquire if interested.
Tournament Sponsors or US National Team Sponsor inquires contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LINK FOR US DOMESTIC YOUTH RULES
IMMAF Rules differ slightly
California rules require headgear
Sample of required safety gear